29 January 2008

RS - Rock List: Readers' Best Eighties Movie Themes

Gotta love it! I was just checking my music feeds and Rolling Stone posted up the Best Eighties Movie Themes. Personally, it's a toss up between #5 - Joe Esposito's "You're the Best Around" from Karate Kid and #23 - OMD's "If You Leave" from Pretty in Pink. Of course, two songs scored from the greatest soundtrack of one of my favorite movies of the decade... Top Gun. But just in case you need a little more to get you to hit the jump, here's the top of the list at #25 - Starship's "We Built this City" from Mannequin 2.

Which 80's ditty gets you going?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

Thanks for dropping by the blog. My wife is my blogging yoda, and she recommended I give yours a look. I understand that you guys are coming over to the UK soon, is that right?

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my fav 80's tune would most easily be "Love Shack." Hands down. The high cheese and lame factor prevalent in this and most 80's music makes this one a pick for me.

Anonymous said...

the lil diddy that gets me wantin to get up and do a "jig" would prob have to be "pictures of you" i know its not a fast past song but, i love it.

Dan said...

Adam,
Thanks for stopping by. I added you to my feeds and will definitely keep up with you guys there in Scotland. We are coming over to Northern Ireland for 11 weeks and we'll be in London for a few days as well. We may try to hop over there where you are and if we do, we'll make contact for sure. Oh, and Love Shack... yeah, the cheese and lame factor... that's funny.