27 January 2008

I've been told I need to blog more...

Well starting February 4th, I'll be blogging from God's country... Northern Ireland that is. Maria, Ben, and I are spending 11 weeks in Derry with our great friends Andrew and Isa. No we're not living with them (talk about inconsiderate houseguests). We'll have our own place that has been generously provided for us. Ecclesiastes says there's a time for everything and this is the time for healing and rest in our lives. We're so thankful to God for each other and for those willing to walk along side and be a voice.

Somewhere a long the line we fall prey to the belief that pastors don't need pastoring themselves. We wouldn't admit that out loud but isn't that a bit like Craig Groeschel's Practical Atheism. We would never say it with our mouth but our actions and attitudes convey it. We don't believe it's true... that pastors don't need pastoring but we live as though it were. I've been guilty of it... Caving to the pressure of being something I'm not. And, I suspect that you are guilty of it as well. Either for yourself if you are a pastor or for those of you that follow one. And so, only a few weeks into 2008, I'm keeping my New Year's resolution... to let people walk beside us and help us.

Speaking of New Year's resolutions... did you set any (whether you wrote them down or called them that)... what were they?... and honesty, how are you doing with them?

BTW... this little jaunt across the pond means I'll be updating my Flickr a bit more as well... so hit me up. Much love.

Disclaimer: Yes, I realize the above pic was taken at Powerscourt which is actually in the Republic not The North. I just like it best, that's all.

5 comments:

Hope said...

Dan, that's so cool that you guys are going to be in Ireland. If you want, you can check out my husband's blog at www.adammabry.co.uk. If you all are in Scotland, we'd be totally up for showing you around having you over for dinner or whatever. I promise we aren't weirdos. ha! We're escaping the Scottish winter, praise the Lord, and going back to Florida (we're from Panama City) for a month or so, but we'll be back mid-March.

Anonymous said...

all i have to say is AWESOME .. im super excited that ill be reading more on Danis linus AND getting to see your amazing family on flickr

Jamie said...

11 weeks!! What a life, Dan!! I'll be praying for safe travels and that the Lord works in you and in your family. I was so hoping I'd see you at Ronnie's concert tonight. It was really good!

Dan said...

Hope, I'll def take you up on that if we're able to jump over. I'll check out Adam's blog for sure. Thanks for the link. In the meantime, enjoy your time in Sunny Hot Florida.

Dan said...

Jam,
Thanks so much for the prayers and love. We missed Ronnie's gig cause we were headed down to FL for about 36 hours. I did however receive his new CD in the mail today. Autographed and all. I left him a nice voicemail giving him a hard time. He's the best though... really is. Hope all is well for you guys as well.