29 January 2008

In Honor of the LEGO 50th Anniversary

I know I'm a couple days late on this one but I've been out of town and away from the Mac. I've posted before about LEGO bricks and how much I loved them as a kid and so I couldn't let this one go. This week, LEGO celebrated it's 50th Anniversary. The word comes from the Danish phrase leg godt, which means "play well." Click the timeline above for some creative inspiration but if you really want to be moved head over to The Brick Testament.

The site claims to be the world's largest, most comprehensive illustrated Bible. With over 3,600 illustrations that retell more than 300 stories from The Bible, this "one-man labor of love" borders sacrilege at times but is fun for the most part. The shot below is the raising of Lazarus from the dead. via Jess Potter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What makes "The Brick Testament" a bit more interesting is the fact that the guy who created and continues create it is actually an atheist.

Dan said...

He's a real interesting fellow. A self-proclaimed "atheist on a mission from God." Ha. Kind of kookie but then again.. have you read Danis Linus lately? Yeah... I guess you have. Thanks again for the link.

Hope said...

I just wish that they had more girlie legos. Our daughters like the "lego man" well enough in their duplo set, but some princesses or something would be nice. Haha.