27 January 2008

The Coldest Places on Earth

After having spent the last decade in places like Los Angeles and Clearwater, I discovered something about myself. I'm such an incredible wuss when it comes to cold weather. And Alabama has been quite cold. I forgot how cold it was. Last week, we had snow. It was Ben's first and didn't quite know what to do with himself (I've posted up a couple pics on Flickr as promised).

Anyway, after reading this article it only reinforced what an incredible wuss I am. Try for example, the Snag airstrip in Yukon, Canada which recorded the lowest temp in North America on February 3rd, 1947... -81.4°F (-63°C). At this temp, voices of people can be heard up to four miles away since "frozen breath" hangs in the air for up to fifteen minutes. Honestly, that's just weird. via Digg

So, to remedy this situation, we're spending some time in Northern Ireland... yeah, that makes sense, I know. Actually, it's not bad there... 10 degrees warmer than here although wet. Still beats -63°C. (Notice the use of Celsius... like a good Irish boy should.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so totally there with ya man .. whenever the weather drops below 70 here i get crazy cold and search my closet high and low for anything warm to wear.

im LOVING the new cut on Ben .. LOL

i do love the pictures though. tell maria she looks more and more beautiful.