30 October 2007

Twitter me... Tweetly.

I know, I know. This is getting out of control. If you're not familiar with Twitter, I found a great article this morning explaining it. An excerpt is below. It basically marries social networking and micro-blogging with text messaging from your mobile.... which is why entries are limited to 140 character. Not exactly how or if I'll incorporate this into my digital world but if you do Twitter... hit me up at www.twitter.com/danatchison

Twittering Away -- So what should you twitter about? It doesn't really matter as long as you can answer this simple question: Does anyone care? Sometimes the answer may be limited - only your co-workers planning to meet you in an unfamiliar city may care that your plane was delayed, but that's fine. The fact you're brushing your teeth is of interest to only your dentist, and he's probably not following you. One friend with medical issues even uses Twitter to keep his family updated on his whereabouts so they don't worry about him.

In essence, Twitter is a form of blogging, where blog posts are limited to 140 characters, and where readers will likely see your post right away. Consider it near-time micro-blogging then, which makes it far, far easier to update than a traditional blog.

No comments: