30 October 2007

Let the dreams die...

I was praying this morning with the students and I just began to think about dreams and the major decisions we make. We've been telling the story again and again of William Borden who turned down an inheritance of millions in th 20's to become a missionary. Where is a decision like that made? That's not normal. Decisions like that are only made in prayer where God has access.

I find it hard to die to my dreams. Truth be told... I'd rather have the millions (That's not necessarily a bad thing if that's in God's mix but for Borden it wasn't). Prayer is an interesting thing. It's the place where we should wrestle and grapple with the tension of laying down dreams and desires but it's also the place where life is breathed back into them.

God help me run to you with my dreams and desires instead of becoming frustrated by the gap between my present reality and where I want to be.

2 comments:

Renee said...

This post was for me! Thanks PDA .... I love reading your blogger and the fact thatyou cover so many topics makes it so intrecsting to a wide variety of peeps! Miss you guys! K I am going to go dream again! WHy is it so hard to stay on track with your dreams even though they are so close to your heart ...maybe cause of time or lack of patience ... I dont know but again Thanks!

Anonymous said...

PDA, some of the things you teach us are just mind boggling. I am so blessed to have God call me here to CMC so that I could learn from you this year! I only pray that I can open up enough to embrace every "nugget" that you give us this year!