13 February 2008

In Northern Ireland thinking of Uganda and Louisiana

I have a lot going on in my life right now. Not really externally but inside. But this morning, as I washed the dishes in our extra small sink while Ben played and Maria slept, I couldn't help but think and pray about two things far, far away and really not connected to my world at all.

If you've ever checked my blog roll then you know there are some bloggers in Uganda right now on behalf of Compassion International. The question is: can blogging change the world? Well, Flowerdust, Ragamuffin Soul, Spence Smith, Randy Elrod, and others set about to find out. The Blog Team is in Uganda to see Compassion's work firsthand. Read their up-to-the-minute blogs up until February 18th. I'm always humbled by how much we have considering how little so many others have. And so this morning my thoughts were in Uganda...

...and Louisiana. Yes, Louisiana. I don't know much about Bethany World Prayer Center. I've heard some of their worship CDs and the pastor of Church of the Highlands where we attend in B'ham is from there. Other than that, I'm not very familiar with them. But this week, I've received several emails and saw on a couple blogs that Joel Stockstill's wife, Amy, passed away from cancer. And so, my thoughts were far, far away again and focused on a family who must be hurting.

We all have "stuff" going on in our lives but never so much that we can't consider others even those we don't know. I think that's why Paul said, "each man should look not only to his own interests but also the interests of others."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ive been following ragamuffin soul, flowerdust and wittaker woman's blogs for a while now.

when i read your site along with theirs i get brought to reality, life beyond work, bills, and the "american dream."

much love PDA thanks for updating